2022 Personal Goals
As mentioned in a Twitter post, I decided on a few goals for 2022 that are obtainable and not too crazy. Last year’s goals were a bit too aggressive, making this year’s goals more reasonable.
The goals are:
- Complete the Zero-Point Security RTO course, lab, and exam.
- Measurable in that either I did it or I didn’t.
- Eat healthier, drop fat, increase physical abilities.
- The bar is pretty low now, in that I’m a couch potato and don’t always watch what I eat. So, it should be pretty simple to improve. Hoping it is like a snowball rolling downhill, start small and it takes a life of its own.
- Decode the Matrix of OpenBSD kernel code and contribute to the project as a developer in some way.
- This sounds measurable, if a patch I submit gets committed, etc; but this is mostly a hobby of decoding the OpenBSD kernel and figuring out how the UVM, vmd, and filesystem subsystems work.
- Play my bass more, for my personal enjoyment even if playing two-chord simple songs. No pressure enjoyment with trying to reach some ability.
- This is perhaps measurable in that am I playing my bass and enjoying playing it? Most of my bass time should be playing and not studying. Thinking of Pink Floyd and Grateful Dead jam sessions kind of thing.